Go Go Parenting Hacks – Valentine’s Day Craft Ideas
Valentine’s Day is only 14 days away and it is the perfect opportunity for kids to use their fine motor skills and get creative! Let’s make some original handmade gifts that kids would love. Here are some easy DIY Valentine’s gift ideas.
Paper Heart Book
If your child loves to draw pictures and write letters, this would be a perfect craft to keep them occupied for hours!
What You Need:
- Construction paper
- For letter size paper, cut the construction paper on half
- Fold the paper in half
- Draw the 2 half hearts with a pencil
- Cut the paper along the line. Leave a half inch uncut for an inside heart.
- Take another color of construction paper and cut thin strips
- Put the glue and wrap around the outer heart
- Cut a short thin strip and fold both sides to make a handle
- Glue the tips and attach to the top
For detailed step by step instruction and video, you can go to: http://krokotak.com/2017/01/how-to-make-a-paper-heart-book/
Let’s incorporate your kid’s picture in your card to create a one-of-a-kind kiss card!
Happy Valentine’s Day!