Go Go Parenting Hacks – Spring Math Craft!
Spring has finally come and flowers are starting to bloom! Let’s make spring-themed crafts and also learn math at the same time! This cute daisy petal math craft will help your child learn to count and recognize numbers. If your child already has mastered counting, you can have them write the numbers on the middle part of the flower to practice writing skills.
Daisy Petal Math Craft
Things you need:
- Daisy petal pieces
- White, yellow, green and blue construction paper
- Black marker
- Draw petals and cut out at least 20 white petals, 10 yellow circles, and green stems.
- Write 1 through 10 on the yellow circles and put them in a bowl.
- Have your child pick 3 yellow circles from the bowl. Look at the number written on the circle and have them count out how many white petals they need.
- Glue the green stems onto a blue paper. Glue the yellow circles on top of the stems and then glue the corresponding number of petals to the circle.
Once your child is done with their daisies, go outside for a walk! Have your child finds flowers on the sidewalk and try to count the number of petals with them!